โพสต์ยอดนิยม

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 30 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2555

รวมคำศัพท์ที่มักเจอในข้อสอบ o- net / Gat




1. GREETINGS
Good morning
Good afternoon
Good evening
How are you?
How’s life?
How’s it going?
Hi / Hello
How nice to see you
What a pleasant surprise
How are things (going)?
What’s going on?
How are you doing?
How’s everything (with
you)?
What’s up?
(It’s) nice to meet you
How are you getting on?
What’s new?
Howdy?
Alright mate!
What’s happening?
Meeting people after a long
time
How’ve you been?
Fancy meeting you! How
are things?
Long time no see! How is
everything?
We haven’t seen much of
you lately.
How nice to see you again.
You’re quite a stranger!
(I’m) fine, thanks. And you?
very well, thank you.
not too bad.
O.K. / all right.
so - so.
so far so good.
First meeting
How do you do?
Tips: Love

2. Conversation Openers

Pardon me
Excuse me
Sorry
Pardon me for interrupting,
but……
May I interrupt for a moment?
Interrupting on the phone
Am I interrupting?
Can you spare a minute?
Do you have a minute?
Are you free to talk?
Can you give me some advice?
Interrupting Monologues
Excuse me for interrupting,
but …..
Sorry, but …
In any case
I might add here
Anyway
May I ask a question?
I would like to comment on that.
May I say something here?
May I add something?
I’d like to say something.
To return to …
To get back to …
Where was I?
Going back to …
Interrupting to Add a Point
Hold it.
Wait a minute.
Pardon me, but…
I mught add that …
I have a point here.
I have a question,
I’d like to say something here.
May I add that …
Excuse me for interrupting,
but .



May I make a comment on that?
Question Openers
I’d like to know ….
I’m interested in ….
Could you tell me…
Do you know…
Could you find out ….
Could I ask….
Do you happen to know…..
Casual Interrupting
Well look You see
Listen Now Now really
Of course Look it You know
Digression Openers
(Moving off topic)
Speaking of
Speaking about
That reminds me
Before I forget
By the way
I just thought of something
Steering the conversation
Anyway
Let’s get back to
In any case
To return to
To get back to
What was I talking about
Returning to the topic
To get back to
Let’s get back to
Returning to
Going back to
Could we get back to
Tips: ยุ๊งยุ่ง
I’m tied up at the moment.
I don’t have time to breathe.
I don’t have time to scratch
my ass.




3. Awkward & Embarrassment Questions



Asking Awkward & Embarrassing Question
I hope you don’t mind me asking this...?
I’m sorry to have to ask this.
I hope you won’t take this the wrong way...?
I don’t like asking this...?
Perhaps I shouldn’t really ask this, ...?
I know It’s none of my business really, ...?
You don’t have to answer this if you don’t
want to...?
How to Refuse to Answer
I’d rather not answer that, if you don’t mind.
I’m sorry, but I don’t really think that’s any of
your business.
You don’t really expect me to answer that, do
you?
I’m not sure I really want to answer that.
What on earth do you mean?
What are you talking about?
I don’t follow you. I’m afraid



4. Non – Comprehension



I beg your pardon? (I’m afraid)
Pardon me?
Pardon?
What did you say?
What on earth do you mean?
What does “...” mean?
What is the meaning of “.....”?
I didn’t hear what you said.
get that
follow you.
I’m lost.
Can speak louder / more slowly?
Could you repeat that / say that again?
Again please!
What is.......?
5. Opinion Openers



Eliciting opinion
Do you like...?
What do you think of /
about...?
What is your opinion on....?
What is your opinion on...?
How do you find...?
A Simple Guess
I think Is it?
I’d say Could it be
I guess Perhaps it’s
An Educated Guess
I suspect It looks as if
I assume I take it that
It looks like
A Conviction
I strongly believe I believe
I honestly feel I’m positive
Without a doubt Undoubtedly
I’m convinced
A Personal Viewpoint
Not everyone will agree with
me, but
To my mind
In my estimation
In my opinion
Personally, I believe
I personally think
I personally believe
I personally feel
- Personal evaluation of case
As I see it
I understand this to be
It appears to me
As far as I can tell
- Public Relation
As I understand it
To the best of my knowledge
As far as I know
My understanding is
Personal Circumstances (how
something affect you)
In my case
What I’m concerned with is
Personally, I am more
interested in
For my own part
If I had my own way
Confidential Information
(Gossip)
Just between the two of us.
Keep this conversation
between you and me.
Don’t tell anybody!
Promise you won’t tell.
Don’t say I told you.
If I told you something, do you
promise not to tell?
This is off the record.
I’ve heard
They say
Just between you and me
Rumor has it
I hear from the grapevine
I hear they say
This shouldn’t be passed
around, but
I wouldn’t let this get out,
but
Maybe I shouldn’t say this,
but
I’ll keep this to myself.
Tips: Gossip
I’m going to fix/set you up.
His girlfriend pulls him
around by the ring in his nose.
He’s a pussy – whipped
It’s a real shot-gun
wedding.
They just broke up
It was a one-night stand.
It was just a one-nighter
My ears are burning. You
must talking about me.




6. Suggestions


Asking for Suggestions
How about + V. ing / N............?
What about + V. ing /
N.............?
Shall we + V1 ..............?
Why don’t we + V1 ..................?
Let’s + V1 ...............?
Do you feel like + V. ing .............?
Why not Why don’t you
I suggest you One way would
be to
Try You can always
Perhaps you could If I were
you, I would
Offering Suggestions
Let’s I have an idea
I suggest you Why not
How about I would
May I make a suggestion?
Perhaps you could
Why don’t you
Acceptance
That’s a good idea
That’s fine
That’d be fine
All right
O.K. Yes, let’s ..........
Refusal
I don’t think that’s a good idea
I’d rather not / No let’s not
I’m afraid I can’t. / Oh, no
please don’t bother
I’d love / like to but... / I’m sorry
but ...
It’s nice of you to ask but I
really don’t think I can
Giving advice
I suggest (that) you ...............
If I were you I would +
V1.................
I’d advise you to +
V1......................
You should / ought to / had
better + V1....................
I think it would be a good idea
to..................
It might be a good idea
to.....................
Acceptance
Yes, I’ll do that. Thanks for you
advice.
That’s a very good idea.
Yes, that sounds a good idea.
Yes, I will certainly try that.
Thanks.
Refusal
I’ve already tried that. Thank
you for your advice.
-I’m not sure, really. But thanks
anyway.
ASKING FOR ADVICE
Can you give me a little advice,
sir?
Could you possibly give me
more advice?
What shall I do about that?
I don’t know which one I should
take.
I don’t know whether to accept
it or not.
Can you tell me how to +
V1...............?
What would you do if you were
me?
What would you  suggest?
Have you got any idea?
Acceptance
Sure You should +
V1...........
By all means ought to
Well, certainly had better
If I were you, I’d do it
Refusal
I can’t find the way out just now.
I think it takes time to think
about that.
I’m sorry I can’t help you now.




Tips: เมื่อธรรมชาติมันเรียกร้อง
I want to go to peepee/poopoo.
Can I go to the bathroom?
I want to go to the restroom.
I want to go to the little boy’s room.
Number one or number two.
Mother nature is calling me.
I’ve got to go take a leak.
I’ve got to take a dump.
I’ve got to drop a load.
I’ve got to sit on the throne.
I’ve got the runs.
Someone whizzed all over the floor.



7. Asking about Thoughts & Feelings
What are you thinking about?
A penny for your thoughts.
What’s on your mind?
You have something on your mind?
What are you looking so serious about?
You seem a little preoccupied about
something..............
Is something bothering you?
Is there anything you want to talk about?
Want to talk about it?
How’s it going? Are you OK?
How do you feel about it?
Are you worried about something?
You seem to be in good spirits.
You look a little depressed about
something.......
You sound as if something wonderful just
happened.
Likes
It’s marvelous
Syn………………………………...
I’m very interested in…..
I’m very keen on…….
I think it’s great/ brilliant/ wonderful
Dislikes
Scary/ Spooky/ Suck/ Gross
I can’t bear/stand/……..
I can’t take it any more.
I’m fed up with .…….syn………..
I’ve had enough./ I’ve had it.
I hate its guts!
I’m through with it.
…………. really get(s) on my nerves.
…………. drive(s) me crazy
Politely reacting to dislike
I’m not very keen on....
I don’t practically like....
I’m not a fan of …
I have no idea how……
I’ve not got a clue how…..
I find it difficult.








ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น